CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 28, 2008

Just sitting in the hotel room.

It is Monday night and I have surgery tomorrow. We had to get here tonight because check in time in the morning is at 6:30 and I have to do some fun prep work tonight. I am just being a smarta$$. I have to drink Magnesium Citrate, two bottles. I told Abbie is was like drinking syrup that was lemon flavor. Super gross!!!! I have to clean my system out so to speak. YUCK!! My sisters, Kate and Kelley, were both giving me crap how I would blog from the toilet tonight. I will have everyone know, I am sitting in our hotel room at the table! I may not sit here long but, hopefully long enough to get this blog done.

Jason ran to Best Buy. I was giving him crap this weekend about our tub T.V. in the living room upstairs where I will probably be spending the next week at in the chair. I think he totally took me serious. We are getting a new TV!!!!! Yahoo. Finally a LCD. I am so excited, 27 dresses comes out on DVD tomorrow and it will look great on the new TV. If you haven't seen that movie, defiantly rent it! I thought it was hilarious. I went with a couple of my friends and I thought we were going to pee our pants laughing at a couple of the scenes.

So, I will just talk about this for a little bit but, I know I put up a big front about having cancer and also having surgery. People tell me all the time how great I am handling it. Well, I am scared to death. The next week will either be great or terrible. No gray area so to speak of. I had the hardest time saying goodbye today to Annie and Abbie at school. When I was putting Abbie to bed last night, she asked me if I was going to die. She knows I won't but, she keeps thinking about my Grandpa Boster. We have visited his grave since the girls were babies and they know he was married to little Grams and he died of cancer. It is hard for them to understand that my cancer is different. I am sure they are bombarding my mom tonight. They feel comfortable talking to anyone about it but, especially her. We have always been honest with them about things and this is not an exception. They need their questions answered by whom ever they talk to. So, if you see my children and they ask you a question about me or this, please use sensitivity and tell them the truth.

Okay, I am going to go and enjoy Dancing with the Stars. I have to spend the next three hours preparing myself to down another magnesium citrate. (It will take that long to get the last one out of my mouth!!!!YUCK). (choking noises in the background) Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers.

And, I am going to explain to everyone how to leave a comment!... type in your comment and then at the bottom use the anonymous spot but, don't forget to type your name in on the comment box! That way I will know who the comment is from. I need you all right now! Thank you.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Almighty Father, You formed human hands for Your purposes and equipped them for Your service. Please be with all of Chelley's doctors and nurses so that their hands are steady and their minds prepared. Through them, tend to the body of Chelley, Your loved one. Please grant her a speedy recovery if it be Your will. In Your name we pray. AMEN.

You better get well soon so we can schedule our Wii bowling tournament and the kids can kick our butts. I'm ready and willing to help with anything when you get home. Love~Becky

Anonymous said...

As we sit here in the hotel room the night before chell's surgery, i would like to share a few thoughts from the husband. I can not start to explain to anyone the feeling i have about tomorrow. I know people have told me that the type of surgery chell is having is common for women, well that maybe true but when it is being done because of possible cancer iam scard shitless for my wife.
I tell myself 24 hours a day that everything is going to be fine and all the test will come back negative and she will never ever have to talk about cancer agin.
One thing is very true, we all get complacent in our lives and every ones moving 100 mph and worrying about this and that and we forget how short life is. I have been lucky enough to marry my sole mate and best friend, and i will be with her though this part of our life and be ready to enjoy the rest of our lives together.

Thank you to everyone who has called and sent flowers, it has really helped her. By the way if you read this blog, please leave her a message, she reads it all the time.

Jason

Anonymous said...

Chelley & Jason, I guess I did something wrong, the first message I sent hasn't shown up. Thank you for allowing me to view your blog. I have been praying for you since Becky told me. All the churches in Early forward our prayer requests to each other so all 4 churches are praying for you tonight and tomorrow. God will be with you in these trying hours. Sharon, Becky's mom

Ma Monster said...

You're in my thoughts, you're in my prayers, and you are in my heart tonight, Chelley. Thanks for trusting me to love these children for you, until your return. And, Jason, I hope you feel the hugs I'm sending your way right now. Like Chelley's song, "I could not ask for more", I know the comfort of your love will keep her strong throughout the days ahead. My love to you both. Mom

Angie said...

Tonight Nick and I have said many prayers and we will continue to do so tomorrow. I send you all my love and wish you a very speedy recovery. You have some "Boster" blood in you and nothing keeps us down for too long. ;-) Take care and God bless.

Anonymous said...

Good luck, Chelley!! I, myself, prefer the citrus syrup over the chalky junk they give you for CT's!! :) Hey, gotta grab the positives where we can, right?? :) You have tons of support and friends out here. If there is any thing my family can do to help out just call. -Dodds Family

Amy Jurrens said...

Chell,

I am waiting to hear how surgery went. I am praying and sending out positive thoughts in your direction. Your entire family is in my prayers. --Amy

Jen said...

I've been following along through Kate's blog...we are sending lots of positive thoughts from our family to yours.

Anonymous said...

Hi Chell,
I must admit that I am a blog lurker. I just wanted to let you know that I wish you the best and try to keep your spirits up as I think inner strength and the support of others can get you through anything! I will pray that everything goes well in the next few days!-Lisa Stallmann

K.Newgard said...

Hey You,

Been thinking about you, Jason, and the girls today....everyday actually, but especially today.

I'm so thankful things went well today, I think all those prayers and good vibes are working.

I love you guys, looking forward to hearinf your voice soon, and seeing that cool-aid smile!

K.Newgard said...

Hey You,

Been thinking about you, Jason, and the girls today....everyday actually, but especially today.

I'm so thankful things went well today, I think all those prayers and good vibes are working.

I love you guys, looking forward to hearinf your voice soon, and seeing that cool-aid smile!

Anonymous said...

Hey Chelley-
Been thinking of you all day...Especially when I picked up a copy of 27 dresses at Noon. Probably not ready for that kind of laughter just yet :-) May hurt a bit.
Just finished with my Tastefully Simple party not long ago, had some Mango breeze magaritta for ya!!!Good stuff!
My continued prayers and support are with You, Jason and the Girls! Don't have to work tomorrow...I know...I know...do I ever????? I can hear you now funny girl! So I'll check in on ya again tomorrow!!
Take Care! Love ya!
Heather K.

Grams Weaver said...

Glad to hear your surgery is over. It is always a long wait when one doesn't know what is going on. I know we have been through that. We had alot of company in his room after surgery the Dr. came in and said "Now you can really have a party he is going to be fine." Happy for you and your family, your progress sounds good. I even had a friend in Texas praying for you. Love Grams

Anonymous said...

Just wanted you to know that I've been thinking about you lots. I hope all is going well or as well as can be expected. I know your a strong person and with the support of your family and friends you will get through this. Love ya!
Sheila

Pops07 said...

I knew it all along it would work out for you!! For those that wanted the cancer sucks socks are comning, I might even have to wear a pair.. Maybe!! Love you!!

Anonymous said...

QUICK UPDATE.....
First of all sorry i have not posted sooner. I had problems at the hospital getting on to the comment page. Anyway we got home this afternoon about 3:30. Chelley is doing good, very sore and tired. They allowed her to come home if she would stay put. ( If you know may wife, i have a job in front of me) everything with the surgery went good and now we have to wait untill friday or so before we hear back on the test's.
We want to THANK everyone who has sent there prayers and well wishes, it means a lot to Chell and I. She says she will try and update her blog tomorrow.
Thanks Everyone......
Jason
PS: Sorry for the bad spelling, just ask chell or kate about my spelling they will back me up!!!