CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 1, 2008

A quick post...

I just wanted to post quickly this morning. I am pretty doped up this morning. We arrived home yesterday at about 3:30 with the promise to the doctor that I would stay down at home. Well, I am going to try my best. I have the dictator on me (Jason). Bless his heart. He knows he is in for a trying time with me. Every time I want something I just go to do it. I promised I would try and be good!!!!!

So, we are doing the wait game. Actually we are doing the wait game for a few things.... the pathology report and (excuse me for talking about it, blame the meds) my bowls starting to work. Sorry, I warned you. The night before surgery I had to do the bowl prep. It actually worked to well. I had the squirts so bad I was up all night. When we arrived at the hospital I was so dehydrated there were some issues trying to get an IV in me. My nurse tried twice and he actually called in reinforcements, another nurse who tried. He dug and dug around in my arm. So, he finally decided to throw in the towel and wait for the anesthesiologist. Both nurses said he would defiantly be able to get the IV. So, there I sit waiting for the anesthesiologist, with hot compresses on my arms and hands. Supposedly the hot compresses will make your veins pop out? Something I didn't know. But, also something that didn't work. They did get all the blood they needed from my arms but, barely. Then, I had to have a shot in my stomach for clotting. I tell you what, I was just about to the end of my rope. I can handle a ton of stuff but, I hate it when someone has to start an iv on me! I don't know why because in the scheme of things, that is so minor but, it was just the beginning. Dr Hesser (the anesthesiologist) came in, and let me tell you, he was all full of himself!!!! but, very funny. He said he never has a problem getting an iv in and sits down all cocky, and guess what, after digging around for 10 minutes, he couldn't get it either. He had a partial line in so, I had to hang my hand just right for the iv to keep going. But, Dr Hesser reassured me that after they put me to sleep, he would get one in. Well, come to find out, he struggled then as well. I will be wearing long sleeves for quite a while! I am black and blue all up my arms. And, they hurt!

Okay, I will continue in a little while, I really need to take a break and a nap. I am glad to be home but, it really wore me out coming home yesterday. I HURT!!! Have a great day everyone!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

So good to hear a report from you! I appreciated Jason's report, but somehow it helps to hear your "voice".

So grateful, IV situation aside, that the surgery went well. Prayers continue for the lab reports and your recovery time.

Things are rolling along here at work. The phone is still ringing, people are still walking in the door, appts. are continuing to get done. Not as well as you can do it all, but moving forward.

Hang in there and listen to your dictator and lay still!

Elva

Ma Monster said...

You know how I said to you in the text that night before surgery at 4:00 in the AM "I wish I was there with you....."? I just read your blog, and I change my mind. I could not have taken it. Being there and watching you go through the I.V. thing would have done me in! And, like you said, that was just the start of things. I had it so much nicer being with the girls! What a joy! PLUS...just think..you got food in the fridge for a couple days! Ha!

We're all still saying those prayers for you, Chelley. We won't stop till we hear good news!

Anonymous said...

So glad you are home in your own bed. You need to listen to Dr. Jason....STAY DOWN!

I will be there tomorrow morning bright and early! Can't wait to see you!

Anonymous said...

Hey Chell, I know you're okay because you still have your sense of humor. You did good, girl, and it is all behind you now. The doc is optimistic that the path report will come back clean so, although you are waiting for the report, we all know it will be good. I remember when I was waiting for my path report after surgery---the doc also thought things looked good. I was told by one of my nurse friends that surgeons always just bluntly tell people what they think. They don't try to downplay the situation. They give good and bad news all day long and they are very detached. The fact you heard from your surgeon that things looked good means that things are good!!! I know it will be a big relief to hear the words though.

Chell, let Jason wait on you hand and foot. It won't last all that long and it really is best for you. If you try to do too much,m I can guarantee you that you will suffer for it with more pain and a slower recovery. Plus this is one way Jason can feel that he is doing something to help you---I'm sure he has felt powerless during this whole deal so now he has a chance to acitvely hewlp you. How do you like that new TV?

Take care of yourself!

Amy Jurrens said...

Chell,
It's great to read a post from you! I am so very glad surgery went well. Isn't it funny how we get focused on one aspect and then something unexpected takes our mind off that one thing. The whole IV thing definitely put your focus somewhere other than on the surgery.

I bet Annie and Abbie are thrilled to see Mom. I'm crying just thinking about those girls seeing you at home for the first time. I suspect you'll feel relieved as well.

I hope you have a speedy recovery. That will happen if you work hard at NOT doing everything. Let your helpers help you. They need it as much as you do.

Talk to you soon!

Angie said...

Happy to hear you are home! Keep doing good and we love you!

Jen said...

Enjoy your husband waiting on you hand and foot! Happy to hear that you are back in your own home.