CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

It is Wednesday....

So, today is Wednesday. That all by itself is not reason to get excited but, for me it is one more day closer to Dr. Bell (my oncologist who decided to take vacation in the middle of the worst thing in my life. That sounds very dramatic. I am sure there are people who have it much worse then me and I am sorry to them for my rudeness). Other then that is was pretty uneventful.

The pink socks have come in but so many people want them that I don't get a pair. I am going to find a site that has them in stock and get my own socks and I think a t-shirt to wear to bed.

Great news, I get a date with my husband on Friday night. I know most of you think that this would be a late night out but, to me a date means, maybe dinner and then home to go to sleep. I am still not sleeping well and am usually awake by 3-3:30. So, having the girls gone makes me comfortable enough to take a sleeping pill and actually get some sleep. I don't want to do that when they are home because usually I am the only one who hears them up in the middle of the night and if they have a problem, someone needs to hear them. When they stay in Sheldon with Denny and Cynthia or with my Mom and Mike, I feel like they are in great hands and I can relax and actually aid in my sleep.

So, two new calls at work today about people wanting Supreme Kitchens to do their remodel. Usually this time of year, things start to slow down at work and people start to plan their remodel for next winter. Well, I think things are a changing even in Okoboji IA. Lots of remodels and less building new homes going on in the last 6 months. I think the economy is finally catching up to our little corner of Iowa finally. Last year at this time, 75% of what we were working on was new homes. This year, I think it is more 75% remodel. We will always have new construction living at the lakes but, I think it is slowing down. We had our Home Builder Association (HBA) monthly lunch today and our parade of homes is in June. Last year at this time, we had more people committed to having their home on the parade and more booths sold for the trade show that goes along with it. But, I told everyone I am positive our numbers will increase quickly once the weather gets warmer. It seems to me that the winter has been so long that it doesn't feel like the HBA show is two months away. We have the most amazing home on the parade this year. I can't wait for people to see it. Unfortunately it isn't one of ours but, good for the builder who did it. I know he needed another little feather in his cap. Well, he did it. The home is nothing short of amazing!

Well, I guess I planned on a shot post but, I just get carried away. If only you knew where I was posting from..... (HINT: Kate never likes to sit here alone!) Have a great night everyone and think PINK!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh dear...I know where you are blogging from!! You are too funny!

Mom still has socks, if not we will find you a pair damn it!

8 days and counting...

Ma Monster said...

Chelley, I ordered 15 pairs of pink "cancer sucks" socks, so believe me, I have a pair for you. They should be here Friday, so hold on....they will be coming!

So, who's house will you have open for the parade of homes? Mick? Did Mick get his house done? He's the only one I could think of that should be totally awesome! Am I a good guesser?

Have a great day, Chell...just hold tight! Just 8 more days now!

Have fun Friday night. I know I will! LOL!

K.Newgard said...

OMG, you are too funny! I know where you are too!

Cheers to the date night...there is nothing better than that!