CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, April 26, 2008

Dance Recital Day...

Today is Annie's dance recital. She woke up at 7, like usual. And she is pretty excited. Molli came home yesterday so the girls had to hurry and wake her this morning. They didn't get a chance to really see her yesterday. They actually forgot she was home, I had to remind them. When I told them, it was like a cartoon in slow motion, they were spinning their feet trying to see how fast they could get to the front bedroom. It was funny.

Last night we had dance recital rehearsal. It was such a disorganized mess. It was supposed to start at 4:30, run through the finale and then get all the little girls to do their dances and off they could go. NOT!!! We were very fortunate to get out of there by 7! I would bet the big girls didn't finish until somewhere around 10. At least it is only one day this year and not two. They perform at 1 and 5 today. It is funny to me how the little girls all know their dances but, the big girls had to go through dances 3 and 4 times. Jason ended up coming and meeting us in Spirit Lake so we went for pizza afterwords. We arrived home after bed time so we waited to do baths till this morning. I am trying to decide if we should wash Annie's hair or not. Our lovely, thick, blond hair (I am being a smart a$$), tends to hold a style better if it is dirty. I have to decide soon because it is off to bath time when I am done posting....

Tomorrow we are headed to the Lippon's house for their annual Easter Egg Hunt. It is a little late this year but, they can't seem to catch a break with the weather. There was snow on the ground around Easter so they waited until now and it was supposed to be today but, they called yesterday and moved it to Sunday because it snowed yesterday and last night. I hope it will be a little warmer tomorrow! Otherwise the kid will be picking up frozen chocolate.

So, I am just a few days to surgery. I am getting very nervous. I seem to not be able to sleep at night. I think I am going to take a sleeping pill tonight. At least a half. I don't want to take a whole one with the girls at home. Jason can never hear them when they wake up in the middle of the night.

Anyone wondering about the call from Hey Good Cookies? I received the most beautiful basket with goodies! There are lots of cookies, scotcheroos (my favorite), a candle, coffee cup, amazing flowers, cheese ball mixes, paper plates, and neat little paper tablet. I was so surprised at how big it was! Thank you to Randy and Joan Williams, I feel like Joan is a great friend after working on her lake house this winter. They were incredible easy and totally enjoyable to work with! Now, I just want to be invited to their house for margaritas this summer on the new deck! Thank you for the basket Joan and Randy ( I bet Randy had so much to do with the basket. LOL). Thank you Joan for your thought fullness and kindness and understanding while I am going through this!

Okay, I had better get going for bath time! I can't have a stinky dancer and a stinky girl in the audience. Have a great weekend everyone! Good luck to those people racing! I hope the weather is gorgeous in Florida today. (Katie has my blog address on her blog site ironkatemonster.blogspot.com. Her friend Wes commented on my blog yesterday. I have to make sure to visit his site today he said. Little does he know I usually visit it everyday! LOL I am a blogerstalker.)

2 comments:

Ma Monster said...

Big day at the Klatt house today. Dance recital is pretty exciting when you are six years old! Can't wait to see that penguin costume!

Have a great recital, Annie!

Pedergraham said...

Hope that us tri-bloggers get to see some photos from the dance recital. (My little one is almost-four and LOVES dance!)
Hope you can get your ZZZZZZs--and TOTALLY know how you feel about having a husband that can sleep through anything!
-Danielle a.k.a. Pedergraham