CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, April 11, 2008

Thank you....

It is truly amazing to me just how many people have volunteered their support and help in my families time of need. I will forever be gratefully to everyone! I can not explain to you just how amazing it is to me. I know I have lots of people I talk to regularly but, when the chips are down, boy do my friends and family step up to the plate!

I am just warning you all right now that the control freak and independent person inside of me has a very hard time asking for help so, if you see a need please just help. I don't want to bother people. I feel like it is putting them out. Or interfering in their busy schedules. We all have incredibly busy lives and I understand that, it is that knowledge that makes it hard for me to ask for help. But, on the other hand, if anyone needed anything, I would be right there! Doing anything from hauling kids to cleaning house, my services are always available and never ending for anyone in need. I know I really need to learn to ask for help. Maybe me having Cancer is some test to get me to learn to ask for help?

Well, as some people know, Jason and I have always tried to look on the bright side of things and it has been hard to do that the last week and a half. I know on the outside I may look like it is all great but, on the inside I am a mess. Finally, yesterday, I had a rude awakening. Last weekend there was an accident in Wahpaton Iowa. Mason Dibble was on a skateboard and going down a hill with out a helmet on. He crashed and ended up in the hospital. He had brain swelling that the doctors couldn't control. He died yesterday afternoon. He was 18 years old, senior at Okoboji High School, and a great student. Mason was actually on of the Spanish students from the High School, chosen to teach Spanish to the kindergarten class at Okoboji Elementary. As Annie said, "Mom, he as so cool." Her whole class enjoyed Mason and learning from him. I feel so bad for his family but especially for his mother. This is not the first time she has had lose in her life. Her husband died from Cancer a few years ago. My heart goes out to them in this time.

Okay, 7 days left and then we will know what is going to happen in our house. I hope everyone has a great weekend. Take the time to appreciate the ones you love and give them an extra hug. You never know what is going to happen. And, thank you again to everyone for the support and offers of help! You will never really know just how much it means to me.

1 comments:

Angie said...

I too find it hard to ask for help, so I understand how you feel. I might be 300 miles away, but I'll do what I can to help. Plus 300 miles = abot 3 hours driving time, you need me I'm there! Love you!