CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, April 19, 2008

The waiting game is not over.....

I guess this feeling of me circling the airport is not going to be over anytime soon. So, yesterday we finally were able to meet the new doctor. Her name is Maria Bell. She is very intimidating. I of course couldn't think of any questions while we were with her but, after she left I had tons of questions. Our appointment we for 10:30 and we waited over an hour to see her. The nurses and Dr Bell's nurse practitioner are amazing. Very caring and they take their time. Then, Dr Bell swoops in and is a ball of fire for 5 minutes and rushes away. I need to be more assertive while we are in the exam room with the doctor. Well, I said I wanted a doctor who lays it all out, she is deffinately that. Jason really likes her and feels comfortable with her. That says a lot.

So, here is what her decision is so far. On May 6th (because she is booked until then.), I will have a hysterictomy with removal of ovaries and tubes as well. She is going to take some lymphnodes as well. Then, she is going to sew me up and have all the tissue tested. So, we won't know anything until about two days after surgery. I can not even start hormone replacement until we get the tests back. So, I will have two full days (at least) with out estrogen. Dr Bell said I am going to fell like crap with out estrogen but, the type of cancer I have can be fueled by estrogen. After she gets the results back from the test, she will decide about any further treatment; chemo and radiation.

The nurse said that typically people have an overnight stay and then return home for two weeks and then part time back to work the third week. Well, we will see just how quickly I can re-coup. I know I can beat that.

We will sit here and wait for the next two and a half weeks. I feel like that is all I do but, I guess that is the name of the game here. Wait, wait, and more waiting.

Well, it looks as if it is going to be a beautiful weekend. I can't wait to see the sun out and the birds chirping. Jason will be busy installing closets all weekend so us girls are going to have to get into some trouble. We were at some friends house very late last night and they were up early this morning so, I know a nap is in their future today. They won't like that but, they need it! I have to go to work for a couple of appointments this morning but, they will tag along and hang out at the showroom. They love hanging out there. They have a giant club house and draw pictures and play Webkinz on the computers. What more is there in life? Have a good weekend everyone.

3 comments:

Marni Sumbal, MS, RD said...

stay positive and keep enjoying that beautiful sunshine and listen for all those wonderful noises (I know it is hard to smile when the kiddos are screaming :). Keep up the optimistic attitude and tell that cancer who is boss..you are!

Ma Monster said...

Wow! A message from Marni..that was so nice of her!

Yes, we are still waiting...but, we have things to do to get ready..so, try concentrating on getting the "plan" in place, and enjoy the next couple weeks enjoying Annie's dance recital and their Kindergarten progam. See, you don't have to worry about being able to go to those now. You can!

Anxious for our Tiger play date today. (I'm definitely not worried about your guy...I'm worried my puppies will bombard him!) Poor Tiger...he'd better know how to run if he has to!

Anonymous said...

Hey, who needs estogen anyway? A couple of days without it is probably worth getting rid of the cancer right? PLUS, think of getting on the scale after all those extras are gone! Seriously! =)

I love you!