CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 14, 2008

Monday, Monday...

Okay, so I really don't like Monday's. But, it was finally a very nice day outside. I couldn't believe that Mother Nature finally delivered! The girls didn't have school today. All of Okoboji schools were without classes for the funeral of Mason Dibel. They couldn't get enough subs to cover all the teachers that wanted to go to the funeral. And, all the high school students that wanted to go as well so, they just called off school. Annie and Abbie spent the day with Olivia Smith. Jodi (Olivia's Mom) doesn't work on Mondays. They had so much fun. They played all day. Jodi called me at 3:15 and said they were all headed to the Y for swimming. I left work at 4:30 and went to the Y, they were all having a great time. I can not explain to you how tired they were tonight. I know the door didn't hit the jam, when I put them to sleep, and they were out!

Jason is on the road this week. It is kind of scary for me. I know I have to get over it but, I like having him around. Usually I can't wait for him to hit the road. It means doing whatever the girls and I want all week long. I have always tried to make it fun for the girls when Jason is gone. We have "Girls Night". Usually we come home, take baths early, and eat whatever we want. It is like an all week slumber party that the girls look forward to. I started when the girls were little because we all hated it when Jason was gone. It makes for lots of extra work and we all really miss Jason. But, if we make it fun, the time goes by quickly. Jason will be back on Thursday night so he can take me to my doctors appointment. He was having a hard time just sitting around waiting. And, it will make the time go faster if he is busy.

Well, I am going to head to bed early tonight. I am so tired. I slept last night from 10-1:30 this morning. So, needless to say, I am beat tonight! I can't wait to crawl into me bed, all by myself and sleep diagonally across the bed! Tiger isn't even getting an invite to my bed tonight. He usually thinks he can sleep on the bed when Jason is gone. Not tonight!!! I want to stretch out and hog the bed myself!

I hope everyone enjoys the nice weather we are having. It may finally be spring. I actually have green plants coming up in my front yard and our neighbor, mowed his yard tonight. That is a good sign. Thank you Mother Nature!

Until tomorrow! Chelley

1 comments:

Ma Monster said...

As hard as this "wait" is for you...I'm sure it's that hard also for Jason. The girls will keep you busy...he will be back soon.

And, you are right! The weather is wonderful!

Chin up, Chelley! The people that love you are having a hard time waiting, also!