CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 26, 2008

E.R. visit of the weekend...

Well, we had a goal of making it until Thanksgiving without a visit to the emergency room. We made it three weeks and one day.

Today we were all excited about the Heller's coming over for Memorial Day, grilling out and just hanging outside on such a beautiful day. I was busy in the kitchen getting ready to cut up the melons (Watermelon, cantaloupe, and honeydew). I decided that I was going to be a chef today and use the butcher knife instead of the steak knife I usually use and trust for cutting everything up. (Honestly, I had watched Rachel Ray earlier in the day, she really gives me confidence in cooking!) So, I grab the honeydew and the butcher knife and start cutting away. One cut, right down the middle. I get the knife stuck and while trying to pry it out, it seams I tried to cut my finger off. I have a deep cut that is a millimeter and a half long on the inside of my middle finger on my right hand. Well, lucky for me, I am left handed! I guess if you are going to do something like that, do it on the hand you don't use.

The funniest thing about my hospital visit is the fact that they were very concerned about giving me a tetanus shot. Lets see, I have had two surgeries in two months and no one else was concerned about this issue but, the doctor today was.... I HAD TO HAVE A TETANUS SHOT TOO!!! Oh, and it was the same E.R. doctor today who did Annie's stitches a month ago. Next time we might call us by name.

We arrived back home and Jason (who doesn't like melon's) spent the next hour and a half cutting up the melon's for everyone. He is totally my hero!

2 comments:

Angie said...

Ouch, Ouch, Ouch!! My sister in law cut herself today too getting ready for our BBQ. Must be in the air! Hopefully it heals fast and not too much pain! Happy Memorial Day!

Anonymous said...

I love you but you are an accident waiting to happen right now! Step away from anything sharp!!