CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 19, 2008

The rudeness of others.

You know, most of the time I can find good in any situation. If something goes bad, I can find something good about it. I try to be very positive. It bothers me to be around people who complain or are negative all the time.

I went to pick up the girls today and as I walk in, I see the grandmother of one of the girls friends.
She lives in Sioux City and I know she must be here this week helping the family out with the kids. Anyway, I wait by Abbie's room first and talk to my friend Jodi who is waiting for Olivia. This is an everyday occurrence that usually ends in one of our daughters convincing us both that they need to play after school or need to spend the night at the others house. (It works 1-2 days a week.) The girls get out of class and Abbie and I say good bye and head down to Annie's class. I stand by this Grandma we know and I say hi. She proceeds to start grilling me about my hysterectomy, no hi, or how are you feeling, glad you are doing so good. First she asked if I had a complete hysterectomy, to which I say yes. Then she said that that was hard to believe seeing as I am at school already and up running around. I guess she had one 4 years ago and and didn't work for 7 weeks. So, mine must not have been that serious. (that is what she said.) I assured her mine was serious and a full and that I am just not good at staying down and I feel good. She informed me that she can't stay down either and mine just really wasn't as bad as hers... I just blew her off and was very excited about Annie walking out of the room so we could go!

I have kind of been stewing about this since I left school, how dare she minimize cancer! She just had a hysterectomy, she didn't have cancer to go with it. I had something to be excited about when I heard that it was all gone, all she had to look forward to was .... her life without her uterus.

I was just talking to Jason about it when he reminded me that she really is not a very nice person and she probably doesn't even know how miserable she is. He is right. I am doing great and I am free of cancer. That is the most important thing! I am not going to let someone so rude disrupt my happiness.

So, onto something better. Congratulations to everyone who participated in Ironman 70.5 Florida this last weekend. Sounds like the conditions were brutal! I think just the fact that people finished under the weather conditions is amazing. Kate, I am so proud of you for finishing the race after dropping at mile 9 of the run. You were such a major contender in your age group at the beginning of the run. I know Lake Stevens will be a great race for you! Tell Mom she had better get the house reserved for Clearwater. I see the trip is in our future again.

As for our other race fan, Tony Stewart, he did okay this last weekend. To bad it wasn't a points race. I feel like he is going to win this next weekend! Charlotte is his track.

Have a great week everyone. I will let you know what the Dr. says after our appointment Wednesday.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hurray for you!! Don't let "those" people ruin your days!! Some just can't get out under their clouds and have to live in woe is me constantly. I am SO happy to hear you are out and about,not to mention cancer free!! Congrats!! I wish you and your family all the best for the future!
Michelle Dodds

Anonymous said...

Don't let stupid people ruin your day. Some people have no tact. What the heck is the matter with people like that?

Thanks for the race props. Lake Stevens will go much better is my super sherpas are there!

Wes said...

I agree with Kate Monster! I have a friend I talk with whose kid has autism. She is ALWAYS so concerned about what other people are going to think about her as a mother and her kid, because it's not readily apparent that he has autism. She basically volunteers the information to them.

I'm not trying to be mean or anything, but it is almost seriously a waste of time to put value on what somebody says or does who is a complete stranger and/or someone you don't have a relationship with.

Roll your eyes, snicker, and move on :-)

I am SO delighted that you are doing so well so quickly!! Recover strong!!!