CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, May 9, 2008

Life through the eyes of Tiger...

It is 8:30 Friday night and, the only really exciting thing that has happened to me today is Tiger's day of running the neighborhood. He has had a very exciting day! This morning as I am helping the girls get ready for school, I let Tiger out as normal. Well, it was raining today so, I didn't want to chain him up because my lovely husband just planted grass seed and I didn't want Tig to disrupt it when it was wet. (I don't know about those things, is it okay for the dog to be on wet short grass or best not to?) I became busy with the girls and forgot about him. Later, as I am trying to get the girls out the door, I look across the street at the neighbors house and thought they had some body's really big black lab in their yard. Duh, it was Tiger. I called him and he came running in like he thought he was in trouble. It wasn't his fault I forgot about him.

Tonight as the girls and Jason went to the school carnival, I let Tiger out again and kind of forgot about him. (This time I chained him up!) After about 20 minutes, I look outside and he is in the backyard neighbors yard? WTF??? He broke his chain. He does that usually twice a year. Well, once again he came in the house like he did something wrong. Usually when he comes in the house like that, he has been to someone else's yard and taken their toys. He loves tennis balls and squeaky toys, usually when he has been on the run we have an increase in the number of tennis balls inside our house. We are kind of low right now so, I guess up until today, I have been pretty good about keeping Tiger in line.

Little Grams stopped by to see me for a few minutes today. I think secretly she is stopping to see Tiger. They are becoming good friends. She has fingernails and scratches his head just right. He just sits on the floor by her and soaks it up as she rubs his head. He weighs almost double what she weighs. It is funny to see those two together. So, she brought me tulips and Tiger her fingernails.

As I write this, he is laying beside the chair and snoring very loudly! He is going to go into shock next week when I start going back to work a little bit. It's okay because I probably will too! He has just become accustomed to me being home all the time. It really cuts into his nap time having people stop by all day to see me (but he likes it now!). The life of a large dog (120.5 pounds) who thinks he is a lap dog. Have a great weekend everyone. And, Happy Mothers Day to you all too!

3 comments:

Angie said...

LOL I have a 70 pound black lab lap dog too. How did you train yours to just sit when people come over? With Spike we have to put him in the laundry room. Just ask Grammy about him. LOL he about knocked her over the first time they met. Gotta keeps those labs in line. But they are so sweet and loveable.

Pedergraham said...

Happy Mother's Day to you, too!
-Danielle

K.Newgard said...

Mitch,

Dogs where would be without them??

Happy Mother's Day! I will call you tomorrow!

P.S. I still have the coffee! I am going to send it up to you Monday!