CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 25, 2008

A Long Weekend....Just what the doctor ordered

Before I start on this post, I want to say how sorry I am for the people in Northeast Iowa who have lost their loved ones or homes from the tornadoes tonight. You are all in our thoughts and prayers. My Dad and Mary do not have power in the town they live in, they didn't think there was a light on in Oelwein at all. Dad said he thought it would be a day or so before it came back on. The town next to them, had quite a bit of damage. I can not imagine what you are all going through.

Now, onto the long weekend. I really needed this. I didn't realize just how tired I was until I slept late the last two mornings. Now, when I say I slept late, you have no idea how late I mean.... I slept until 9 both mornings. I know that doesn't seem late to some people but, that is very late to me. I am usually up by 6, and never any later then 7. I felt so guilty sleeping that late.

Yesterday, Jason took the girls golfing over in Sibley with Brian. It was crazy windy! After they came home, we all went to Spencer to do some grocery shopping. That completely whipped me out again! So, we came home, made some tacos, and watched National Treasure 2.

Today, woke up late again, cleaned the house, went to lunch, came home, and cleaned the house some more. Denny and Cynthia stopped by for a little while and then, we played fire drill. Since we moved the girls bedroom to the basement we have been talking about what they should do in case of a fire. Well, today, we practiced it!!! They know completely what they are supposed to do and how to do it. They have it down to 40 seconds from start to completion. That rocks. I am so proud of them. It was like am obstacle course and they rocked it!

Well, I hope everyone else is having a great Memorial Day weekend! Again, our thoughts and prayers are with the families in Eastern Iowa.

0 comments: