CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

A dreary Wednesday....

How is it that something two six year olds say can make their mother so embarrassed. My mother has been helping us out with the girls the last few weeks. She comes in the morning and helps get them ready and headed off to school. Today started off not very good at our house,

1. Jason was late getting out of bed, which in turn makes him late leaving the house and late for work. Usually I push him out of bed after the first snooze alarm goes off. Last night, he slept in the front bedroom because I haven't been sleeping well and he thought it was him snoring. So, I was not available to push him out of bed. I am sure after the 5th snooze alarm it dawned on him that maybe it was time to get up.

2. I was showered and dressed waiting for the girls to come up stairs after they woke up. They have an alarm clock and depending on how things are going it is anywhere from 7:03-7:20 that they show the whites of their eyes. Well, at 7:27 I finally had to go down stairs and hurry them up. They were fighting and slamming doors. I don't know what was going on with them! I had to push them up the stairs.

3. My mom arrives at 7:45 and we are finishing up getting lunch made and breakfast going. The girls are in a bad mood and they were not wanting Non to take them to school or pick them up. So, they proceeded to tell her that. That made me feel terrible and guilty. I need help right now and Mom had stepped up to the plate to help. She didn't have to do that. She is actually supposed to be on her way to Florida right now. Kate has a race next weekend at Disney. Mike left today and my mom should have been with him. They just bought a house in Florida and she doesn't even get to set it up herself.

4. I want to go to Dad and Mary's house this weekend with everyone and I can't. I tried to talk Jason into it, and then reality sunk in. It is a 4 hour drive and I can barely make it around town with out the bouncing of the road hurting me, how and I going to make it 4 hours? It sucks!


Okay, on to something better! Little Grams is on her way today to spend time with me today. I asked her to bring her Yahtzee. We used to play that all the time at the lake house on Big Spirit on rainy days and today is just that kind of day. I don't know if it is supposed to clear up outside but, I really stormed her last night. I think the temperature dropped also. I sat outside yesterday for about an hour and soaked up the sun. It was really nice. I hope we have some more of that before I have to go back to work!


Have a good day everyone!

2 comments:

Ma Monster said...

A six year old doesn't know how to say, "Hey, it would be a lot more fun if we could get our friends to take us and bring us home from school!" They just open their mouth and blut it out. Please don't worry about that. I am going to continue to help you, but the kids are right...it would be a lot more fun for them if I wasn't the only one doing the transporting. And, hey..your friends are all wanting to help in some way too, so this is a good deal for all of us.

I'm sorry you can't go to Oelwein this weekend, but I was wondering how you were going to be able to do that. Bumps in the road are not your friend these days! Just be patient. You will be able to go sometime soon. Allow yourself more time to heal!

Chell...please don't feel badly. I don't, and I don't want you to either. I'm happy to be here for you, and that's the last thing I want to hear, okay?

Love you.

Anonymous said...

My kids do things like that all the time. That's the thing.,,they are kids and it happens. Don't fret Chell.

About Florida...Mom would NEVER want to leave you so don't feel quilty. She wants to help and you need it so take it while you can!